Join the CCMS PTSA
Benefit of Joining PTSA
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more. A full list of retailers giving discounts to PTSA members are listed in this link: Member Benefit Providers
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
What your children can get to do
- Visit Premium Educational/Tourist Sites – With PTSA funds, your children can go to Disney
- Help with Outside grants: Because the PTA is a registered non-profit, its board members are eligible to apply for grants from most foundations.
- Connect for Respect - The National PTA has developed an anti-bullying initiative, Connect for Respect, that is designed to be adaptable for students of all abilities. The program is student-led and is intended as a creative team effort.
- Healthy Lifestyles: The National PTA’s Healthy Lifestyles program promotes nutrition, exercise and energy balance. American children are increasingly at risk for obesity and inactivity, and the risk is even higher for students in special education. The National PTA has coordinated best practices for student health and made recommendations through the program material.
- Make them Be Heard: The National PTA’s motto is, “Every Child. One Voice.” That includes your child and your voice. If you think the PTA should be doing something that is not described here, go to a meeting and advocate for your student. That’s how every one of these ideas got started.
- Reflections Art Contest: Every autumn, the PTA sponsors the nationwide Reflections Art Program competition for K-12 students in the fields of literature, dance, music composition, film, photography and visual arts. Students with disabilities may enter the contest at their grade level or in the Special Artist category. Two of my son’s photographs recently won at the local level this year and have advanced to the state competition.
How you can contribute now
SMILE!! We have an Amazon Smile account now. Please use this link below for all your Amazon purchases. You will get the same low Amazon price, but CCMS PTSA will get a portion of every dollar spent by you: